Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greening my reading

... and my beauty routine, too. That's what I've been busy with lately.

Swimming in a sea of raw cupcakes, you may not have noticed my little needle-in-a-haystack comment about participating in a virtual book tour. Therefore, I thought I'd share this opportunity with you now.

My blog has been selected as one of the stops on "The Green Beauty Guide" tour. As a result, I've been soaking in the information from Julie Gabriel's book on the subject and applying it from head to toe.

Now, I've always been a fan of natural beauty, so I absorbed this guide like a sponge, even testing out some of the recipes and recommended products. Every girl deserves some pampering.

If you want to find out more about my thoughts on the book, drop by my blog for the full review on Wednesday, Dec. 3rd. Feel free to purchase your own copy and read it before the big day. You're welcome to post your own comments about the book and start a discussion. I'm anxious to hear what you think, too.

In the meantime, for all you cupcake fans, I didn't want to disappoint. After hearing that Kristen (hey girlie girl, I think this book is right up your alley) started greening her home literally with a Christmas tree, I decided to dig up this photo of some of my rawified cupcakes displayed like a tree. Just ignore the birthday-themed background, as I made this for my blog's 1-year anniversary.