Monday, November 10, 2008

I could ward off a vampire with this breath


Did that title get your attention? Hopefully, it's not true, although I don't see anyone with fangs wanting to lip-lock with me anytime soon. Being that my hubby is not a creature of the night (he has to get up very early for work in the morning), I'm sure he's okay with that.

I know that I've promised you more cupcakes (I still have two more to share), but I thought I'd give your sweet tooth a rest for the time being to remind you there is more to raw food than desserts. Contrary to popular belief, I also eat savory dishes; they're just not as fun to write about.

For instance, I've had the traditional raw spaghetti with faux meat sauce lately, which would explain the garlic breath. Good thing I followed it up with a raw chocolate mint cupcake I posted about yesterday (there I go with the sweet stuff again).

So, that would explain the vampire reference, which is a popular topic at the moment. There is the "Twilight" series of books, which is about ready to hit the big screen, and my newest guilty pleasure is currently on HBO.

I hate to admit it (being a wholesome mom and all), but my favorite show at the moment is "True Blood." The very graphic (don't worry; I wait until Jacob is in bed to watch it) series addresses how a small town is handling vampires becoming a part of mainstream society.

The reason I bring this up is because one of the characters is a raw vegan (except for the fact that she chooses to eat this way to heighten her experience on "V," otherwise known as vampire blood). I just wish she was viewed in a more positive light. Why couldn't Sookie (the main character on the show) be raw instead?

Anyway, I was up late watching this last night, and now I have to finish getting ready for work. Stay tuned later in the week for my brief Green Festival coverage and the other two cupcakes. Happy Monday :-)