Saturday, November 8, 2008

More mashed potadough


Yeah, you read that right. Remember the mashed potato-resembling icing on my rawified cookies 'n cream cupcake yesterday? Well, it looks as though I need a little help in the photo department, because today's decked-out confection also looks as though it is topped with taters.

Oh well, I'm not going to complain. I find it funny, and it made for an interesting post title.

So, why the "dough" in "potadough" (meant to be read like "potato" with the "dough" in place of "to," as in "toe." Say that 10 times fast)?

To answer your question, the "dough" actually refers to the balls of cookie dough I had left over from the last time I made raw cookie dough n'ice cream. I decided to display them atop this chocolate chip-studded cupcake (I used a chopped up raw chocolate bar for the chips), which is drizzled with chocolate sauce, dolloped with raw whipped cream (that's what looks like mashed potatoes) and sprinkled with ground cacao nibs. Yummy!

Its tater-like top may scare some away, but that's okay. More for me :-)