Monday, December 14, 2009

What's in the box?


I know yesterday was Jacob's birthday, but somehow I still ended up getting a gift. Hayden was so excited to help out, too, as she was fascinated with the gift box.

My hubby, who rarely waits to give a good present, just had to bring this one out early to capture the day's events. I can't believe that I'm almost ready to recharge the battery.

Although the camera really got a workout (yes, it is a new camera; you know how bad I needed one), I still haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with it. I've just been pointing and clicking.

This method does the trick, snapping beautiful shots of my family and food (Matthew picked the camera based on ease of use and its ability to get great close ups of my culinary creations).

You read that right; I took some food pics. Having this new toy around inspired me to make some raw Christmas cookies again this year (Santa will need his annual plate of raw cookies).

But, don't expect a lot of elaborate recipes. I'll just randomly post some pics with brief explanations leading up to the big day.

To start, here are some Rawtess Snowballs, rawified versions of this childhood treat. Just whip up some "cake" from my Rawtess Cupcake recipe, roll them into balls, smother them in raw whipped icing and cover them in a layer of berry (in this case raspberry/strawberry/goji) colored coconut flakes (just use the puree to flavor/add color to your flakes). They're messy, but perfect for the weather these days (I don't know about you, but we've had some rain/snow). Yum!