Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Life is like a box of chocolates ..."


... or in this case, a luxurious chocolate bath; it's worth experiencing every single moment of it.

I bet you thought I was going to follow that up with, "you never know what you're gonna get."

But, I did know. I even told you in my pre-Valentine's Day post that I planned on pouring cocoa powder and coconut milk into my bath for the holiday, and that's exactly what I did.

I got to bathe in a tub full of deliciousness, although I knew better than to drink from it (yuck! I remember explaining to Jacob when he was little the reason why you shouldn't consume the bath water ... no matter how tempting). Just look at the chocolate stream in the background of the chocolate scrub pic. It reminds me of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

That's right; I did say, "chocolate scrub." I whipped up some of the recipe I posted the other day to complete the experience (as seen in the photo to the right. My hubby was concerned about the potential lack of modesty in this photo session, until he discovered I'd only be posting ingredient pics on my blog. I guess I'd wonder, too, if I saw him taking the camera into the bathroom sans clothing). It left my body soft and smooth; no need to follow up with costly raw cocoa butter as a moisturizer (my initial plan). I got to save that for an edible treat.

Speaking of edible, I also blended up a Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Shake, thanks to Sarma's Valentine's Day recipe. I mentioned that she had sent it out in the latest Duck mail, and lucky for you, she now has it up on her blog. It's simple and delicious any day of the year.

I didn't have fresh strawberries to cover in chocolate, so this one really satisfied my craving. And, since I couldn't garnish the shake with a chocolate-covered strawberry, I used a frozen berry on the side of my glass, along side a raw chocolate heart pop.

If you don't already know how to make your own raw chocolates, I recommend ordering a copy of Raw Goddess Heathy's "Just Desserts" e-book, where she shows you how its done. She even gives tips for turning out perfect raw chocolates every time, as well as a ton of other yummy raw desserts, of course. I was lucky enough to receive my own copy recently, and I can't wait to try more of her beautiful creations. I'll give a more extensive review soon :-)