Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Milk" & cookie jar


What's in my jar today? I guess you can call it a cookie jar, as it contains raw cookies and nutmilk jelly (well, it was originally a jelly jar). It made perfect sense to transform the "milk" into a jelly, both to aid in the layering process, as well as to compliment the Tastes Like PB Cookies.

I had some of these yummy treats already stocked in my freezer from one of my past unbaking sessions. If you missed the post the first time, here is a link to the recipe.

Just like Bitt (who on my last post commented: "I hate cleaning out the blender and food processor at the same time too! My trick is sometimes to do one part one day and then one part the next day. Or just leave one of them in the sink for the dish fairy to clean up"), I find it nice to have part of the work done for you on a separate day to keep the cleanup under control.

To make life even easier, you could also opt to use the convenience product method. Larabar makes a peanut butter flavor that has real peanuts (if you consume those; they are not raw), or a cashew cookie bar that works just as well.

Since this is a cookie post, you might want to try a premade cookie like those from Kookie Karma. Owner Juli Novotny offers a variety of both baked and unbaked flavors.

Speaking of Juli, she is actually one of my biggest inspirations when it comes to unbaking. I still make her exclusively formulated for GLiving Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I'll tell you more about it in a future post.

Now on to the "milk." I made a coconut/cashew nutmilk, which became a jelly when I added some chia (don't forget you can get an 8-ounce bag of free chia seeds with any $40 NaturalZing purchase, just by entering the code: CHIADORABLE at checkout - this offer expires Friday, March 5, 2010). Once set, it layered beautifully between my raw cookies and cookie crumbs on top, don't you think?

So, that's what's in my jar today. What about yours? Are you making your own on-the-go layered concoctions? What should I make next? Any suggestions?