Monday, April 19, 2010

Berry nice tea party


Hayden and I got to enjoy some girlie time together this weekend, attending a bridal shower/tea party on Saturday and a baby shower on Sunday. My little lady was the bell of the ball, garnering attention everywhere she went (while still being careful not to overshadow the bride-to-be, nor the expecting mother; that's my cousin Lynn/the bride-to-be holding Hayden in the photo to the right).

So what does this have to do with the Ellen/cupcake pic?

Well, of course you already know about my quest to get Ellen to eat a raw cupcake (which explains why she is in the pic), but this particular raw cupcake was inspired by the bride-to-be, who had yummy chocolate-dipped strawberries at her shower (I think she requested to have them at her wedding reception, as well).

Lucky for me, I had already dipped some strawberries in raw chocolate leftover from making my moonie pie cupcake the other day. It just made sense to take it a step further by surrounding one of the chocolaty coated berries in raw "cake" (try doing that with the baked version) and a fluffy white n'icing (this one contains raw cocoa butter, which made it even more perfect for this treat; it's like a white chocolate cloud on top).

Just look at that wonderfully delicious berry peaking out from its raw cupcake surroundings. I tried to tackle this one delicately with a fork, but still managed to make a big old mess on my plate. But that's okay, as it was "scrumpshalicious!" like HiHoRosie would say.

I think Ellen wouldn't have minded the mess either, if she had tried it, too. However, I opted to upload the pic of the untouched raw cupcake to her site (I'm still trying to get her attention)
, rather than the half eaten one shown below, just in case she eats with her eyes first (don't we all).



And, as usual, you can join my quest to get Ellen to actually taste one of these raw creations. Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site; I just love to see what you are unbaking in your own raw kitchens). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake.

If you missed yesterday's post, let me add that you can also help out the cause by sending multiple tweets to Ellen, as well as posting on her Facebook page. Of course, the main goal is to get her to try a raw cupcake, but a mention on her site would be pretty sweet, too, like Ricki was able to achieve with her book (she's still trying to get a formal invitation to be on the show, so feel free to tweet for her while you're at it).

As always, thanks for all your love and support. Hayden thanks you, too :-)