Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ellen can you hear us?

Or in this case, can you see us (it's plural this time)? I'm not the only one whipping up raw cupcakes for you (I'm still talking to Ellen) to taste.

Of course, I did lead this post off with my Tastes Like PB&J Cupcake, featured on the Cupcakes Take The Cake blog, but the other yummy treats are cupcake masterpieces made by Sarah and Aura, who recently joined the quest on their blogs.

Again, since not everyone has an Ellen face ready and waiting in the wings at their raw cupcake photo shoots, I took it upon myself to add her in and post them on my site (girls, you know I'll remove them, if you wish). What do you think? Ellen sure looks like she is happy with their results :-)

First up is the Reduced-Fat & Fabulous Cupcake modeled on Sarah's blog. Nice strawberry accent. That cupcake is working it.


Gotta get a closeup on that pretty little thing.


Next is Aura's own take on Carrot Cake Cupcakes. S-weet! They're all decked out in n'icing, this season's creamiest trend.


Here's a sneak peek at what's hidden underneath :-)


Don't forget; you can get in on the fun, too. Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake. If we all get in on this, we're sure to see it through.

And, if the raw cupcakes in this post weren't enough to satisfy your cravings for something sweet, check out the yummy desserts I got while out to lunch/shopping with my mom, Hayden and my sister yesterday. I've mentioned some of the Zia offerings at my nearest Whole Foods in previous posts.

Here's what I got to try this time:

Raw Tiramisu

Raw Lemon Chiffon Pie

Both were yummy in my tummy :-)