Monday, April 26, 2010

It's birthday week :-)


Not for Ellen (who looks amazing, BTW; can you believe she's over 50?), although she's a big part of the celebration. My b-day is this Friday (the Raw Chef Russell James was born on the same day. Make sure to send happy wishes his way, too), and I think getting a mention of her site would be the best birthday present ever!

As you know, I'm in the middle of a quest to get Ellen to eat a raw cupcake, which is unlikely to happen before I turn the big "3-4" (every year is worth recognizing, don't you think?). Of course, you can still participate in that, as follows:

Just check out the recipes from my raw cupcake e-book, whip them up yourself, take a picture of the Ellen cutout with your creation and let me know where I can link to it (I gotta know about it, if you want me to highlight it on my site, like I have in the past). Also, if you'd like, upload your pic to the Ellen website, mentioning the quest to get her to eat a raw cupcake.

Inspired by my blogging friend Ricki of Diet, Dessert and Dogs, I'm currently focusing short-term on just getting Ellen's attention and hopefully seeing my e-book on her site by this Friday.

You can help out the cause, too, by sending multiple tweets to Ellen , as well as posting on her Facebook page.(Ricki tweeted constantly one day and had her readers do the same; now you can find her book on Ellen's page). Of course, the main goal is to get her to try a raw cupcake, but a mention on her site would be pretty sweet, especially if it happens on my birthday. Wouldn't that be the raw n'icing on the cake? :-)

Speaking of raw cake, the good people at Natural Zing have a birthday special in my honor. All of my readers who purchase $50 or more of raw cupcake-making ingredients (or whatever other products you like) through Friday, April 30, 2010, will receive a pound of almonds free. Just enter the code: $50ALMONDS_RAWDORABLE in the comment box at check out. Happy birthday or unbirthday to all of you, too!

As always, thanks for all your love and support :-)