Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm a big girl now!


It's official; Hayden turned 2 years old today. Happy birthday little lady. I just wanted to share some photos that show how much she's grown (I'm such a proud mommy).

One thing we did to celebrate was to go on a special shopping trip, just like the other girls in my family (remember my birthday outing, and then the one for my sister). She's been checking out our purses, so I took her to pick out one of her own.

She tested out various patterns. She almost got one just like my blue one.

In the end, she settled on a girlie pink pattern, new for fall. Now she's more trendy than me. The sales lady helped her remove the tag.

She looks so cute with her selection.

Oops! Don't forget to pay for it.

Where to next? Off to the train, of course.

She boarded alongside her brother.

I got to take a ride, too.

Hayden was being the mature one :-)

We had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. I love how vegan- and kid-friendly it is. The kids like to color while they wait for their meal.

Jacob drew a banana man.

Hayden and I shared a chocolate banana smoothie ... hold the dairy please (they'll make it with just the banana and chocolate, and no dairy, if you just ask nicely).

As usual, Hayden ordered a salad and fruit off the kids meal. So cool that salad is an offering on their kid's menu.

But enough about lunch. We continued with our shopping and also found some time to play outside. Paw Paw came over to ride bikes (and toddler cars, too ... although Paw Paw did not ride the toddler cars, but Jacob did).

Now that's my big girl :-)

And, now for a blast from the past. Hayden posted this simple recipe last year on my blog. It's still a fave. My, she has grown!


Hayden's Peach Banilla N'ice Cream Cupcakes
*Makes one for me and another for mommy, too!
  • 1 chopped frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped peaches
  • vanilla bean, too taste
  • sprinkling of cinnamon (optional)
Have mommy add frozen banana and peaches to a food processor. Get her to scrape in some seeds from a vanilla bean to make it extra special (she won't let me have that extract with the alcohol in it yet), and maybe some of that cinnimin ... cinnamin ... cinnaminamin ... oh whatever you call that stuff.

Process the frozen fruit into a soft-serve consistency. Scoop into two reusable silicone cupcake liners, making cute cupcake-like mounds on top (mommy shapes mine to resemble frosting).

Serve immediately or allow to set in the freezer for a bit. I like it when mommy gives me my cupcake right away, which explains my fingerprints in the cupcake pic :-)

*Can be topped with a cherry for more experienced cupcake eaters. Never give a whole cherry to a baby my size, as I could choke on it. Mine was just a temporary garnish ... Update: this big girl can now have a cherry on her cupcake. Yum!