Sunday, July 29, 2012

All you need for a relaxing evening

Personally, all I need for a relaxing evening is to just chill out with my family at the house, although we also had fun "chillaxing" at a pool party to celebrate Paw Paw and Aunt Karen's birthdays yesterday (Paw Paw's birthday is officially today, so we hope to hang out at the boardwalk with him later). I mentioned it in our latest Eco Emi video I uploaded last night in between thunderstorms (my fingers were crossed the whole time that I didn't lose our Internet connection, not to mention our power).



When we opened our July 2012 Eco Emi box, we found that this month's theme was relaxation, packed with everything you need for a cozy spa evening. You can watch our initial reactions in the video and/or check out the list of products it contained listed below:

Pomegranate Deodorant Towelettes by Crystal Essence: I received the lavender scented deodorant wipes in a past box, so I already knew I'd be a fan of these. They are great for freshening up on a hot summer day, and were especially nice to have at the pool party yesterday.

Lip Shimmer in Merlot or Rose by DeVine Lip Shimmers: I never seem to get tired of the lip balms, shimmers and glosses in these boxes. I have them upstairs, downstairs, in my purse, etc. They go everywhere with me. This one has a sweet grape scent that both Hayden and I love. The light shimmer is nice, too.

Lavender Essential Mists by Hugo Naturals: This is my favorite item in the box. I'm not big on wearing perfume, but I like a simple, refreshing, natural body spray. This one is also great for spritzing it the air, on your sheets, a yoga mat, or anywhere else for a soft, relaxing scent.

Body Cream in Lavender by The Seaweed Bath Co.: In past Eco Emi boxes, I have received samples of this company's shampoo, conditioner and bath wash. I enjoyed them so much that I was really happy to test out their body cream, as well.

Soap in Tequila Bar and Polar Bar by Biggs & Featherbelle: I think I've seen these soaps in Whole Foods, but have to admit that I haven't tried them yet. To my surprise, they are made in my area. I can't wait to test it out (I said I was going to take it on vacation, but I don't think I can wait that long). The eucalyptus and lavender scent I received (the Polar Bar) smells just like a spa.

Chocolate-Dipped Mixed Nuts Crunch Bar by ThinkThin: This bar looks yummy, but due to the milk fat in the list of ingredients, I'm passing it on to my hubby. He enjoys it when I send an item or two from the box his way.

i-Chill Relaxation Drink Shot by i-Chill Beverages: Speaking of my hubby, this relaxing shot is totally up his alley. It had his name on it the moment I saw it.

Soothing Caramel Bedtime Tea and Raspberry Passion Perfect Energy Tea by Yogi Tea: Hayden says she wants the pink packet and I like the idea of a caramel tea. However, she's already a ball of energy and sometimes I am sleepy. Ha ha :-)

Agave Light Sweetener and Blonde Coconut Sugar by Madhava: Of course I'm already familiar with agave and I could use some more coconut sugar.

Calm plus Calcium Organic Raspberry Lemon Flavor by Natural Vitality: According to the directions, this stuff fizzles when you add it to water. My hubby may get this one, too, but he has to show it to Jacob when it fizzes. Jacob loves a good chemical reaction.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my Eco Emi box, as usual, and thank Christine for adding me to her "Sites We Love" on the Eco Emi website. Now, I just need to come up with a craft to post next.

Oh, and before I sign off, here are the earrings I made for Karen's birthday, in case you were curious. I've been doing a lot of wire-wrapping, inspired by one of my favorite jewelry designers, Nina Cortes (Nina Loren is her line; I posted a Q&A with her before on my site).

Also, I've tweeted a few more smoothies in the homestretch of Charissa's July Colourful Smoothie Challenge, including her Avocado Smoothie featured on the Fab Food site. Simply perfection!

I also had an extra smoothie the other day that won't count for any points, but I shared it anyway. I made a peanut butter, banana, coconut cream, Vanilla Sunwarrior and almond milk smoothie. Yummy in my tummy :-)

Today, I just tweeted another of Charissa's avocado smoothies, her Avocado and Chia Smoothie. And yes, that is another Care Bear. Have a "Cheery" day (that's Cheer Bear, BTW)!

*For all you eco-beauty lovelies out there, I thought I'd give you a heads up about Charissa's current giveaway. She's got a LoveTrueNatural lip treatment up for grabs.