Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ballet & body scrub

Happy belated new year everyone! I thought I would have posted sooner, but better now than not at all. Things have been busy, as usual, especially since Hayden is growing into a life of her own. She's going to preschool, dance, birthday parties and more. I'm just along for the ride. Ha ha :-)


Speaking of dance, she has an another parent observation day tomorrow, so I can't wait to see all she has learned. Lately, she has been teaching me her dance moves and doing the latest HautePnk ballet workout with me. I had added it to my workout rotation during Tone It Up's #LoveYourBody challenge running though Valentine's Day. I am happy with how my body looks, but I think these challenges help keep you motivated and feeling great, as well. It's good to keep active even in these cold winter months (okay, so maybe it hasn't been that cold quite yet, but I still believe it is coming eventually). I tend to be "solar-powered," so exercise keeps my battery charged when the sun is not out.

In addition to staying active, I also believe it is important to relax and take care of yourself. As part of the #LoveYourBody challenge, Karena and Katrina recommended having a spa day this weekend, posting this scrumptious Sweet & Salty Body Scrub on their blog. Hayden and I decided to add some pink Himalayan sea salt to the scrub to make it extra special. I can't wait to use it (along with the cruelty-free kitty aromatherapy eye pillow I made in my last post), so I guess I'll be ending this post now. Enjoy the rest of your day, and don't forget to watch the Golden Globes tonight. I always do :-)