Thursday, March 12, 2015

Green Dream

With St. Patrick's Day right around the corner, the kids and I have been getting in the "green" spirit. The kitchen is stocked with salad greens, green grapes, celery, kiwi, etc.; you get the idea. I even had some fun the other day with this warm green beverage and popcorn (the kids love hot chocolate and popcorn as a winter snack, so I put this green spin on it).


After an afternoon of sledding, I warmed up some almond milk for our usual hot chocolate, but instead of adding cocoa, I blended in some Philosophie Green Dream Vegan Protein and Superfood Powder, Green Dream Coconut Butter, Cacao Bee Honey and some peppermint extract. Yum!


I also jazzed up the popcorn with some coconut oil and a sprinkling of more of the Green Dream powder, much like when we make Pink Berry Popcorn (you should try making Pink Berry Popcorn with both the Cacao Magic and Berry Bliss powders, as it tastes like chocolate-covered strawberry popcorn; I love making recipes that taste like chocolate-covered strawberries).


If you're looking for some more St. Patrick's Day food ideas, check out my rainbow post from the other day, or start your morning off with this Crocodile Crunch recipe from Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Diet" book.

Don't forget the green orange juice. My mom used to serve it to me as a child. Remember when Hayden and I did that blender battle with the clementines and spinach?


You could make some chocolate "coins" (my Magical Minty Cacao Cookies, which taste like Thin Mints), but substitute the Philosophie Cacao Magic powder with Green Dream powder to make the center of the cookie green. These go well with hot chocolate, too.


Sticking with the chocolate theme, a chocolate unbaked cupcake with a real shamrock garnish will get you in the spirit.


If chocolate is not really your thing (I don't no why?), try this Green Tea Topped Vanilla Unbaked Cupcake.


And if you're looking for something lighter, don't forget kiwi "lollipops" or frozen kiwi coconut water umbrella pops. I even found dried kiwi at the local grocery store.

 Will you be eating anything green for St. Patrick's Day?